If you find yourself gift shopping for an avid reader, consider gifting e-books. Both Kindle and Nook books feature a gifting option. As you will see from the directions below, the process proves rather simple.
Gifting a Kindle Book
1. Go to the sales page for the Kindle book you wish to gift.
2. Click the “Give as a Gift” button, located on the right-hand side beneath the “Buy now with 1-click” button.
3. A form will load asking for the recipient’s e-mail address and date you wish to have your gift delivered on. Personalize the gift by including a short message 300 characters or less. You can adjust your payment option on the screen’s right-hand side. After you finish click “Place your order” at the bottom of the page.
Gifting a Nook Book
1. Just like the Kindle instructions, go to the sales page for the book you wish to gift.
2. Click “Buy As Gift,” located next to the “Buy Now” button.
3. Fill out the form which includes the recipient’s e-mail address, re-typing the e-mail address for confirmation, your name, the recipient’s name, and a personalized message (maximum 250 characters). Click “Submit” once completed.
But… what if I don’t know the person’s e-mail address?
Go to the person’s Facebook page. Click “About,” located under the cover image. Scan his or her “About” page for an e-mail address. Or, create a rouse so you can ask the person for his or her e-mail without giving away the real reason behind the question. For example, say you want to forward the person an e-mail you think he or she will find interesting.
On a final note, maybe you will want to gift my memoir Off Balanced to someone.
Off Balanced explores how my mild cerebral palsy affected me socially through adolescence. Checkout the following excerpts to determine if Off Balanced may interest someone on your holiday shopping list.
Watch the Off Balanced cyber reading, highlighting a section from chapter four “My First Crush.”
View a reenacted scene from chapter eight “Culmination.”